Let’s zig-zag our way thru a collection of letter Z preschool activities and lists of words that start with the letter Z.
Whether you are doing a letter of the week or looking for ways to help your child discover and learn more about the world around them, these letter Z activities will give you plenty of fun ideas.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information please read my full disclosure.
Letter Z Preschool Activities
- Visit a zoo nearby
- Practice zipping and unzipping things
- Make zucchini bread
- Create a zig-zag running course for your child to run through
- Create a zoo out of blocks, Legos or other building toys and sort animals into different sections.
Letter Z Sound
The Letter Z make the sound /z/ as in zebra.
Letter Z Crafts for Preschoolers
Easy, fun Letter Z craft ideas for preschoolers.
- Letter Z Crafts – Z is for Zebra by The Kindergarten Connection
- Fun Sigri DIY Zipper Tags by Kid’s Craft Room
- Letter Z Craft by School Time Snippets
Letter Z Bible
Zacchaeus is a great story to share for a letter z Bible topic You can read about him in Luke 19: 1-10. My First Hands-on Bible or The Beginners Bible are both good choices for preschoolers if you don’t already have a favorite children’s Bible
Letter Z Books
Here are some Letter Z books your preschooler is sure to love!
Alpa Opps the Day Z Went First by Alethea Kontis
Pete the Cat and His 4 Groovy Buttons (Zero) by Eric Litwin
Dear Zoo by Rod Campbell
Llama Llama Zippy- Zoom by Anna Dewdney
At the Zoo by Roger Priddy