X marks the spot, and this is the spot if you are looking for letter X preschool activities.
For this letter, our focus will be on identifying the letter X. With the exception of x-ray most words for preschoolers starting with the letter x actually make a /z/ sound and that can be confusing at this age. The/x/ sound we want is at the end of words like box, mix, and ax which is something they will tackle more when they start learning to read but this will give them an introduction.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information please read my full disclosure.
Letter X Preschool Activities
- Teach your child how to play tic-tac-toe.
- Make X’s out of sticks, Q- tips, or popsicle sticks
- Set up a treasure hunt where X marks the spot.
- Make Xs with snack foods like blueberries, Goldfish or sandwiches – yum, yum,yum.
- Use the X template in the free worksheets at the end of this post. Give your child items and have them line the items up to make the letter X.
Letter X Crafts
Here are a couple of easy letter X crafts your child will enjoy:
- Skeleton Bones Ripped Paper Craft for Kids( X is For X-Ray Craft ) by A Little Pinch of Perfect
- Handprint X-Ray Letter X Craft by Fun Handprint Art
Letter X Books
Here are some fun Letter X books for your preschooler to enjoy:
What About X? An Alphabet Adventure by Anne Marie Houppert
X is for X-Ray Fish by DK
My X Words by Sharon Coan
Not a Box by Antoinette Portis
Letter X Worksheets for Preschoolers
You can find more ideas to use with the Letter X in Alphabet Activities for Preschoolers.