What preschooler doesn’t love dinosaurs? They are huge and mysterious and have really long, fun names to pronounce. This collection of dinosaur preschool activities will be a tremendous resource for helping your child explore these magnificent creatures.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information please read my full disclosure.
Dinosaur Preschool Activities
These dinosaur learning activities are a fun way to explore a preschool dinosaur theme.
- Dinosaur Dig
- Hide dinosaurs in a sandbox and let your child dig them up.
- Even the youngest preschoolers will have fun making these Salt Dough Dinosaur Fossils by Taming Little Monsters
- Use one of these three templates to make adorable Paper Plate Dinosaurs Crafts for Kids by I Heart Crafty Things
- Dinosaur Stomp Painting
- Here’s a dinosaur preschool activity that Let your preschooler stomp dinosaurs into the paint to create cool-looking dinosaur tracks. This is one that even makes great dinosaur art for toddlers.
- Dinosaur Math Activities
- Non standard measurement. Here’s a fun dinosaur activity to explore with measuing. Let your child measure dinosaurs with non traditional measurement tools such as cubes or links. Have them measure how wide the dinosaurs are or how tall they are. Let them compare which is the tallest, shortest, longest, etc.
- Sorting patterns. Here’s another fun math dinosaur activity that even younger preschoolers will enjoy. Using large and small dinosaurs let your child line them up by size – large, small, large, small, etc.
- Learn a few dinosaur names. Here are 12 popular dinosaur names for preschoolers. Below you will find a set of free dinosaur flashcards with names and pictures to use with your preschooler.
- tyrannosaurus rex
Dinosaur Books for Preschoolers
Kid’s books about dinosaurs are a must for exploring a dinosaur preschool theme. However, most dinosaur books aren’t written from a biblical perspective – even dinosaur books for children.
According to the Bible, dinosaurs did not live millions of years ago before man.
Here are seven great dinosaur books for children that don’t refer to dinosaurs living millions of years ago or evolution. These books your preschool will want to hear over and over again.
Suppose You Meet a Dinosaur A First Book of Manners by Judy Sierra
This story told in rhyming text is about a polite dinosaur and a polite little girl in a grocery store. It’s a great way to teach preschoolers manners like saying, “Thank you” “Yes, Please,” and “You’re Welcome”.
How Do Dinosaurs Say Good Night? by Jane Yolen
A cute whimsical book about how dinosaurs would say good night. This would make a great bedtime story.
10 Little Dinosaurs (Eyeball Animation/ Wiggle Eyes) by Pattie Schnetzler
This is a fun book that uses rhyming text to share the silly antics of various dinosaurs. Giant wiggle eye makes this an even bigger hit! This is one of my favorite children’s dinosaur books.
Have You Seen My Dinosaur? Jon Surgal
This is a humorous story told in a rhyming text about a boy playing hide and seek with his dinosaur. The problem is nobody can seem to find him – nobody but perhaps the reader.
Dinosaur Dance by Sandra Boynton
This book is done in simple text introducing a few dinosaur names and colors. Told in silly, simple, rhyming text that even the youngest dinosaur lovers with enjoy!
The Lost Dinosaur Bone by Mercer Mayer
Littler Critter visits a museum but is disappointed to see the dinosaur exhibit is closed because they lost a triceratops bone. Accidentally finding himself inside the dinosaur exhibit he shows everyone what a real dinosaur hunter he is.
Curious George Dinosaur Discovery by Margret and H.A.Rey
Curious George discovers there is something even more exciting than a dinosaur museum – digging for dinosaur bones!
Best Dinosaur Songs for Preschoolers
Here are seven of the best dinosaur songs for preschoolers! These songs make great dinosaur movement activities for preschoolers. Your little one will love them! The first 6 are classics from the album Dinosaur Friends by Pam Johnson.
More Dinosaur Activities for Kids
Looking for more great dinosaur activities? Here’s a collection of sites that have awesome dinosaur preschool crafts and art activities.
- Here’s a fun dinosaur preschool activity your preschooler will enjoy! They can explore being a paleontologist as they dig up these Easy Salt Dough Fossils For A Dinosaur Excavation Sensory Bin bySimple Everyday Mom
- Make impressive pictures with this Dinosaur Fossils for Kids Activity by Kindergarten Worksheets and Games
- This Fossil Dig Dinosaur Sensory Bag by Raising Dragons makes a great mess-free sensory activity.
- Make one of these super cool, yet simple Dinosaur Track Fossil Necklaces by Pre-K Printable Fun.
- Explore the effects of baking soda and vinegar with the Sand Volcano Science Experiment by Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls
- Nine Dinosaur Themed Preschool Activities by Stay at Home Educator
- 20 Dinosaur Activities and Crafts by We are Teachers
- Dinosaur Preschool Activities by Let’s Play Learn Grow
- Fun Dinosaur Activities for Preschoolers by Little Bins Little Hands
Check out even more dinosaur preschool activities on our DINOSAUR THEME board on Pinterest and in our Tothood 101 Etsy Store
Be sure to check out these other themes for preschoolers: