Oh my! Check out this collection of letter O activities for preschoolers! You’re sure to find some exciting ideas to help plan out learning activities for your little one.
This post contains affiliated links. For more information, please read my full disclosure.
Letter O Preschool Activities
- If you live near a coast, visit an ocean – be sure to take a bucket to collect seashells.
- Introduce oval as a shape.
- Play games using the concept of on and off.
- Make fresh-squeezed orange juice together.
- Set up an obstacle course for your child to run thru.
- Work on opposites.
- Learn about ocean animals. Check out Ocean Activities for Preschoolers for lots of super fun ideas plus free ocean animal photo cards.
Letter O Sound
The Letter O makes two sounds. The short sound /o/ as in octopus and a long sound saying it’s own name as in ocean.
Animals That Start With O
Here are some animals that start with the letter O, three of which happen to be ocean animals.
Letter O Crafts for Preschoolers
Cool, fun Letter O crafts ideas for preschoolers.
- O is for Oceanliner by There’s Just One Mommy
- Puffy Bubble Wrap Octopus by Arty Crafty Kids
- Ocean Animal Coffee Filter Suncatchers by A Little Pinch of Perfect
Letter O Bible
- You can use the topic obey for your Letter O Bible
- Talk about how God wants children to obey their parents. You want to have them memorize Ephesians 6:1
- Review Bible characters your child is familiar with (or share the stories with them) Discuss the times a person obeyed or didn’t obey ( Each character has character traits of both. Pick the story that accents the trait you want to emphasize
- Here are a few you might consider reading about from a children’s Bible:
- Noah builds the ark
- Daniel in the lion’s den
- David and the Giant
- Joshua marching around Jerico
- Adam and Eve
- Jonah and the Whale
- King Saul losing his throne to David
Letter O Books
Here are some Letter O books you could share with your child.
- Eric Carle’s Opposites by Eric Carle
- Joseph Had a Little Overcoat by Simms Taback
- Little Otter Board Book by Rosalee Wren
- National Geographic Readers: Peek, Otter by Shira Evans
- Olaf and the Three Polar Bears (Frozen) by Calliope Glass
- Over in the Ocean by Marianne Berkes
Foods That Start With O
The letter O has several yummy breakfast foods. You can help your child squeeze oranges for juice and then mix up their favorite fruit into oatmeal, or their favorite vegetables into an omelet.
- Cheerios (because they look like little o’s)
- orange juice
Letter O Worksheets for Preschoolers
Be sure to check out Alphabet Activities for Preschoolers for more fun ideas!