Here’s a nice collection of letter N activities and lists of words that start with the letter N. These activity ideas will help you as you plan out learning activities for your little one.
This post contains affiliated links. For more information, please read my full disclosure.
Letter N Preschool Activities
- Make nachos together.
- For family movie night you could watch Finding Nemo. Older preschoolers may like Night at the Museum. You can check out movie reviews to see if they’re appropriate for your child.
- Dance to music from The Nutcracker. It’s a great way to introduce your preschooler to classical music (Spotify link), plus it’ll help develop gross motor skills!
- Go on an evening adventure outside to look at the night sky.
- Help your child ‘write’ a newspaper. They can illustrate the pictures as you write down what they ‘report.’
- Learn Nursery Rhymes – check out this printable version of 30 popular preschool nursery rhymes, that you can use for this.
- Cut out numbers (or just the number nines) from magazines and glue them onto paper. (You could use the block letter N provided in the free worksheets below.)
Letter N Sound
The Letter N makes the sound /n/ as in nail.
Animals That Start With N
Here’s a few animals that start with the letter N.
- narwal (Fun Fact: This interesting animal pops up in the movie Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer – look for him this Christmas! )
Letter N Crafts for Preschoolers
Easy, fun Letter N Craft ideas for preschoolers.
- Nature Collage Suncatchers by Hands On as We Grow
- N is for Nest – Letter N Craft by School Time Snippets
- Water Color and Recycled Newspaper Craft by Where Imaginations Grow
- Exploding Numbers by First Palette
- Make a night scene using black construction paper and glow in the dark stars.
- Make Silly Numbers.
- Draw or trace a block number onto a piece of paper
- Cut pictures from magazines and glue them onto the paper to create hair, faces, arms and legs.
- You may even want to make a collection that can be stapled into a book.
Letter N Bible
Noah is a great bible topic to use for the letter N.
- Noah’s Ark by Peter Spier (This is a book with only pictures, You can narrate, the story of Noah is in Genesis 6-9.)
- The True Story of Noah’s Ark by Tom Dooley (This is an amazing book!)
Letter N Books
Here’s a fun collection of Letter N books to share with your child.
- Clifford and the Grouchy Neighbors by Norman Bridwell
- Cookie’s First Book of Numbers (Sesame Street)
- In November by Cynthia Rylant
- Just a Nap by Mercer Mayer
- Just a New Neighbor by Gina and Mercer Mayer
- My “n” Book by Jane Belk Moncure
- Nature by the Numbers by Lynette Ruschak
- Night Tree by Eve Bunting
- Night in the Country by Cynthia Ryland
- No, No Noah! by Dandi Daley Mackall
- The Best Nest by P.D. Eastman
- The Napping House Wakes Up by Audrey Wood
- Day and Night: National Geographic Reader by Shira Evans
- Night Animal Wake Up Little Owl by Jane Belk Moncure (Pictured above but out of print. You may find it at a yard sale or used book store – worth hunting for!)
Letter N Worksheets for Preschoolers
Looking for more fun letter activities? Check out Alphabet Activities for Preschoolers.