These interesting, Letter I Activities will let you pick and choose learning activities for your preschoolers.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information please read my full disclosure.
Letter I Activities for Preschoolers
- Homemade Ice Cream in a Bag by In the Kids Kitchen
- Sticky Ice Science Experiment by Playdough to Plato
- Learn about icebergs
- Play I Spy
- Try a freeze-dried ice cream. You can find them in the camping sections of stores like Walmart, Dicks Sporting Goods or the Bass Pro Shop.
Letter I Sound
Letter I makes two sounds /i / as in ink and long /i/ as in ice.
Animals That Start With I
Fun Fact: Do you know what an inchworm turns into when it grows up? A moth.
Letter I Crafts for Preschoolers
Easy, fun Letter I craft ideas for preschoolers.
- Melting Insect Painting by Crayon Box Chronicles
- I is For Indian Corn by School Time Snippets
- Paper Plate Play Dough Nature Island by The Pintrested Parent
- Egg Carton Insects by Pink Stripey Socks
Letter I Bible
- Read stories in a Children’s Bible about the Israelites
- Sing, I love Jesus Better Than Ice Cream. You can hear it on my Spotify Bible Songs for Preschool Playlist.
Letter I Books
Here are Letter I books you can share with your little one.
- Groovy Joe: Ice Cream & Dinosaurs by Eric Litwin
- I Spy Animals by Jean Marzollo
- Ice Cream Soup by Ann Ingalls
- Imogene’s Antlers by David Small
- Inch by Inch, by Leo Lionni
- Inside, Outside, Upside Down by Stan and Jan Bernstein
- On Beyond Bugs – All About Insects by Tish Rabe (The Cat in the Hat Learning Library)
- The Itsy Bitsy Spider by Iza Trapani
- The Little Ice Cream Truck by Margery Cuyler
- The Little Island by Margret Wise Brown
Foods That Start With I
Here are a few foods that start with the Letter I. Some fun ideas would be to make Italian bread pizzas and sip on ice cream sodas.
- ice cream
- ice tea
- Italian bread
- ice pop
- Italian water ice
Letter I Worksheets for Preschoolers
These fun Letter I worksheets will help your child work on handwriting and letter sounds.
Be sure to check out Alphabet Activities for Preschoolers for more fun letter activities!