Let’s jump into the letter J. These fun hands-on, Letter J Activities will help you plan out activities your child will be excited about!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information please read my full disclosure.
Letter J Preschool Activities
- Practice juggling with beanbags.
- Learn how to do jumping jacks ( a great gross motor skill)
- Try jump roping
- For family movie night you could watch:
- The Jonah Movie (Veggie Tales)
- Josh and the Big Wall ( Veggie Tales)
- The Jungle Book cartoon (Disney)
- Joseph King of Dreams (Dream Works)
- Learn the nursery ryhmes: Jack and Jill and Jack Be Nibble
- Teach your child some simple kid friendly jokes.
- Listen to songs from Jack Hartman
- Show your child how to jog.
Letter J Sound
The letter J makes the sound /j/ as in jump.
Animals That Start With J
Here are a few animals that start with the letter J your child can learn more about.
- jack rabbit
Letter J Crafts for Preschoolers
Have fun with these Letter J crafts your preschooler is sure to enjoy.
- Paper Bag Jellyfish Craft by No Time For Flashcards
- J is for Juice Craft by Teach Beside Me
- DIY Jet Pack by Early Learning Ideas
- Jellyfish Craft by Fantastic Fun and Learning
Letter J Bible
- J is for Jesus! You could share a number of Bible stories from a children’s Bible or listen to Bible stories on Spotify with your preschooler about Jesus. You can also find lots of fun Traditional or Modern Bible songs for preschoolers to sing on one of my Spotify playlists.
- A couple of other Bible characters you might want to learn about for the letter J are:
- Joshua and the Battle of Jerico
Letter J Books
Use this fun collection of Letter J Books to share with your child .
- Clifford Gets a Job by Norman Bridwell
- Jack and the Bean Stalk by Carol Ottolenghi
- Johnny Appleseed by David Harrison
- Jumanji by Chris Van Allsburg
- Jump! Scott Fisher
- No Jumping on the Bed! by Ted Arnold
- Over in the Jungle: A Rainforest Rhyme by Marianne Berkes
- Sheep in a Jeep by Nancy Shaw
- The Jazz Fly by Matthew Gollub ( A FUN book! Comes with a CD – a great intro to Jazz Music)
Foods That Start With J
There may not be alot of foods that start with the Letter J …. BUT jello starts with J and that’s a really fun food!
- jello – There are alot of things you can do with jello.
- Chill jello in silicone-shaped silicone ice cube trays.
- Chill jello on a tray and let your child cut out their own shapes or letters. They can try to spell their name with the letters.
- Color mix jello. Mix a package of blue a yellow jello together to get green, or mix red and blue to make purple, or yellow and red to make orange. CoComelon has a cute short YouTube video about color mixing with jello you might want to share with your child.
- juice – Find your favorite fruit and make juice or juice smoothies together.
- jelly beans
Letter J Worksheets for Preschoolers
Enjoy these free letter j worksheets to help your preschooler practice writing and identifying letters and sounds.
Looking for more fun activities? Alphabet Activities for Preschoolers has a huge collection of ideas!