Here’s a kid-friendly collection of letter K activities for preschoolers and lists of words that start with the letter K to help you plan out learning activities for your little one.
This post contains affiliated links. For more information, please read my full disclosure.
Letter K Activities for Preschoolers
- Play music on a kazoo
- Play music on a keyboard
- Learn a new letter K nursery rhyme. You can hear each of these on my Spotify Nursery Rhyme playlist.
- 3 Little Kittens
- Old King Cole
- Kookaburra sits in the Old Gum Tree
- For family movie night watch: King George and the Ducky (Veggie Tales based on King David)
- Fly a kite
- Play kickball
Letter K Sound
The Letter K makes the sound /k/ as in kite
Animals That Start With K:
The Letter K features several animals from Australia. This might be a great time to get in a little geography – find Australia on a map or a globe, and maybe read a couple of books that feature these animals. I’ve listed a few in the Letter K Books section below.
- koala bears
- king crab
Letter K Crafts for Preschoolers
Easy, fun Letter K craft ideas for preschoolers.
- Key Craft – have your child trace keys onto paper and then color or paint them.
- K is for Kangaroo Craft by All About Learning Press
- K is for King by Crystal & Co.
- Colorful Stained Glass Kites Window Display by Makes and Takes
Letter K Bible for Preschoolers
- King David
- King Solomon
- Jesus – King of Kings
Letter K Books for Preschoolers
Here are some of my favorite Letter K books.
- Because a Little Bug Went Ka-Choo! by Rosetta Stone
- Bringing the Rain to Kapiti Plain by Verna Aardema
- Does a Kangaroo Have a Mother Too by Eric Carle
- King Bidgood’s in the Bathtub by Audrey Wood and Don Wood
- Koala Lou by Mem Fox
- Mother, Mother I Want Another by Maria Polushkin (guess want baby mouse wants more of, that starts with the letter K)
- National Geographic Readers: Koalas by Laura Marsh
- Over in Australia: Amazing Animals Down Under by Marianne Berkes
- Where’s Kitty by Mercer Meyer
Foods That Start With K
Suggested Activities: Make fruit kabobs together.
- kiwi fruit
- key lime pie
- kidney beans ( make chili)
- Kiss (Hersey)
Letter K Worksheets for Preschoolers
You can find a big collection of hands-on ideas to use with the Letter K in Alphabet Activities for Preschoolers.