Look! There’s so much we can learn with these Letter L activities!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information please read my full disclosure.
Letter L Preschool Activities
- Build with Legos
- Practice fine motor skills by lacing beads.
- Visit a library and check out some books to read together.
- Visit a lighthouse.
- Curl up on the couch together and enjoy a Family Night Movie together:
- Lion King
- Lady and the Tramp
- Lyle the Kindly Viking (Veggie Tales)
- Larryboy and the Fib from Outspace (Veggie Tales)
- Pretend to be a mail carrier and deliver letters.
- Let them help with the laundry.
- The Word letters starts with L. This is a great time to review – Alphabet Activities for Preschoolers will give you plenty of FUN ideas.
Letter L Sound
The Letter L makes the sound /l/ as in lion.
Animals That Start With L
Suggested activities: visit a zoo, read preschool stories or magazines about animals, watch nature videos, play with plastic animals, draw or color pictures of animals.
- Suggested activities:
Letter L Crafts for Preschoolers
Easy, fun Letter K craft ideas for preschoolers.
- Adorable Woven Cardboard Llamas by Pink Stripey Socks
- Paper Bag Lion Puppet Craft by Kid’s Craft Room
- Ladybug Art by Teaching 2 and 3s Year Olds
- Leaf Window Collage
- Painting with Legos – dip Legos in paint and create designs on paper.
- Mary Had a Little Lamb Craft by Rainy Day Mum
Letter L Bible
- Read about God creating light and darkness (day and night)
- Read stories from your favorite child’s Bible about how Jesus loves them. Here’s a short story about loving your neighbor (Spotify)
- Sing songs about Jesus loving them and how we are to love others. Here’s some songs you can find on my Spotify Bible Preschool Songs (Traditional)
- Jesus Love Me
- Jesus Love the Little Children
- You can find these on my Spotify, Bible Preschool Songs (Modern)
- 1 John 1 : 4 ( Let us love one another) by The Rizers
- I Love Jesus Better than Ice Cream
Letter L Books
Here are some of my favorite Letter L books.
- Clever Tom and the Leprechaun by Linda Shute
- Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carle
- Hello Light House by Sophie Blackall
- Is Your Mama a Llama by Deborah Guarino
- Little Blue and Little Yellow by Leo Lionni
- Lizard’s Escape! by Trish Kline
- Love You More Than Anything by Anna Harber Freeman
- Lost! by David McPhail
- Ten Little Ladybugs by Melanie Gerth
- The Luckiest Leprechaun by Justine Korman
Foods That Start With L
Suggested Activities: Make some fresh-squeezed lemonade
- latkes (potato pancakes but thicker)
- lettuce ( make a salad)
Letter L Worksheets for Preschoolers
You can find more ideas to use with the Letter L in Alphabet Activities for Preschoolers.