Here’s a magnificent collection of letter M preschool activities. Whether you are doing a letter of the week or looking for ways to help your child discover and learn more about the world around them, these letter M activities will give your child new learning experiences.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information please read my full disclosure.
Letter M Preschool Activities
- Pretend to be a mail carrier and deliver the mail
- Make mudpies
- Explore with magnets
- Enjoy a family movie night with one of these shows. Every family has different values when it comes to what they want their children to see. To find out if a movie is right for your little ones, movie reviews can be a big help.
- Madame blueberry (Veggie Tales)
- Mary Poppins (Disney)
- Monster, Inc (Disney)
- Little Mermaid (Disney)
- Night in a Museum (Disney)
- Introduce your child to Mozart. You can hear a couple of minutes of Mozart’s Symphony No. 40. on my Fun Classical Music for Preschoolers, Spotify playlist.
- Make milkshakes together.
Letter M Sound
The Letter M makes the sound /m/ as in milk.
Mitten Match-Up Game
Animals That Start With M
Letter M features a number of unique animals for your child to learn about. A few of these you may be able to see at a zoo
- monarch butterfly
- mountain lion
- manta ray
Letter M Crafts for Preschoolers
Easy, fun Letter M Craft ideas for preschoolers.
- Paint with marshmallows dipped in paint
- Paint a picture with mud
- Try color mixing with paint after reading Mouse Paint by Ellen Stoll Walsh
- Marble painting
- put a piece of paper in a box
- dip marbles into paint and spoon them onto the paper
- roll the box back and forth redipping the marbles into the paint as needed
- Monster Truck Foil Painting by Crayon Box Chronicles
- Easy DIY Fingerprint Magnets by Fun-A-Day
- Monster Letter M Preschool Craft by School Time Snippets
- Foil Printed Moon Craft by A Dab of Glue Will Do
Letter M Bible
For the letter M, you could read about Moses from a children’s Bible or listen to short Bible Stories for Preschoolers on my Spotify playlist. These stories are age-appropriate. Although everything in the Bible is important, preschoolers aren’t quite ready to hear everything an adult is – stories like Moses and the Plagues can wait until they are a little older.
Letter M Books
This list is packed with exciting Letter M books that preschoolers will love.
- Are You My Mother by P.D. Eastman
- Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed by Eileen Christelow
- Five Little Monkeys Sitting in a Tree by Eileen Christelow
- Grumpy Monkey by Suzanne Lang
- If you Give a Moose a Muffin by Laura Joffe Numeroff
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Joffe Numeroff
- Just Me and My Mom by Mercer Mayer
- The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry and the Big Hungry Bear by Don and Audry Wood
- Monster Math Picnic by Grace Maccarone
- Mother, Mother, I Want Another by Maria Robbins
- Mount Rushmore by Judith Jango- Cohen
- Mouse Paint by Ellen Stoll Walsh
- Mouse Shapes by Ellen Stoll Walsh
- Papa, Please Get the Moon for Me by Eric Carle
- The M & M Counting Book by Barbara Mc Grath
- The Mitten by Jan Brett
- The Mitten by Alvin Tresselt ( a different version than the one above)
- The Monster at the End of This Book by Jon Stone ( Sesame Street)
- Why Mosquitoes Buzz in People’s Ears: A West African Tale by Verna Aardema
Letter M Worksheets for Preschoolers
You can find more ideas to use with the Letter M in Alphabet Activities for Preschoolers.