Fun! Fun! Fun! That’s what these Letter F activities for preschoolers are. Not only are they fun but they will help your child discover and learn more about the world around them. These ideas and word lists are organized into categories so you can pick and choose as you plan out learning activities for your little one.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information please read my full disclosure.
Letter F Activities for Preschoolers
- Practice throwing a football around in the back yard or at a park
- Flowers and strainer
- Go fish
- Literally! Grab some fishing poles and head down to the lake.
- Figuratively. Play Go Fish with cards. Check out Go Fish Rule for KIds to see how to play.
- Family photo album family tree
- Visit a State Forest Park
- Sing songs like Sesames Street’s One Fine Face and Greg and Steve’s Freeze. Check out Favorite Preschool Songs on Spotify by Theme for songs like these.
- Visit a Fire Station
Letter F Sound
The letter F makes the sound /f/ as in fox.
Animals That Start With F
- visit a pet store or aquarium to look at fish
- if you’re working on this letter in the summer you can look for fireflies.
- listen and look for frogs outside (Also, be sure to check out, Creative Preschool Frog Activities it has free coloring sheets, games, and lots of froggy fun ideas!)
Letter F Crafts for Preschoolers
Easy, fun Letter F craft ideas for preschoolers.
- Newspaper Fox Craft by I Heart Crafty Things
- Paper Plate Fox Craft by Crafty Morning
- Paper Plate Fish Craft by A Little Pinch of Perfect
- Bubble Wrap Flower Craft by About a Mom
- Easy Flower Crowns for Kids by Red Ted Art
Letter F Bible
Suggested Topics: Fish and fishermen can be your Bible subject for Letter F. You can use a children’s Bible. Two of my favorites are: My First Hands-On Bible, or The Beginner’s Bible to find stories about:
- the disciples being fishermen (Matthew 4:18 -22, Mark 1:16-20)
- the miracle of Jesus feeding the crowd with 5 loaves and 2 fish (Matthew 14: 13 -21 )
- what God created on the fifth day – fish and fowl! (Genesis 1)
Letter F Books
Here are my favorite Letter F books.
- A Frog Thing ( w/ audio CD) by Eric Drachman
- A Porcupine Named Fluffy by Helen Lester
- Fox in Socks by Dr Seuss
- Froggy Gets Dressed by Johnathan London
- Going to Sleep on the Farm by Wendy Lewison
- Jazz Fly by Matthew Gollub
- Little Football by Brad Herzog
- My F Book by Jane Belk Moncure
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish Blue Fish by Dr Seuss
- Over in the Forest: A Woodland Animal Nature Book by Marianne Berkes
- The Big Fuzzy by Caroline Castle
- The Foot Book by Dr Seuss
- The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister
- Tuesday by David Wiesner (about frogs)
- Who Has These Feet? Laura Hulbert
Foods That Start With F
Suggestions: Make a fruit salad together or have a Mexican night and make fajitas.
- freeze pops
- French fries
- French bread ( pizzas)
- fried chicken
- fig newtons
Science Words That Start With F
Music Words That Start With F
Here are a few music topics that start with F you can explore with your child:
- folk songs
Letter F Worksheets for Preschoolers
If your child enjoys worksheets they will have fun with these as they continue to work on the Letter F.
Looking for more letter ideas? Be sure to check out Alphabet Activities for Preschoolers.